Welcome

Welcome to the exciting world of me trying to make a new start and become a better me!

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Weigh-In #8

Hello Friends,

Well, it's been 2 months since I've started weighing in... I've been pleased with a steady loss... some weeks have been better than others, but such is life.

As for this past week, I have started taking alli. I have been on it one week as of today and as of today, I am no longer taking it. The, ahem, bathroom issues it has caused have been atrocious and have been unbearable for the past 2 days. While I believe it has helped, which I will discuss more about here shortly, it is not worth dealing w/ the bathroom issues and feeling like crap that goes along with it. I was fairly pleased with my progress doing it the natural, old fashioned, albeit hard way. So it's a good decision for me, I believe. Was definitely worth a try and I wouldn't NOT recommend it. It definitely works. But if you have anything less than a strong stomach and a normal.... um... GI system, I would use caution.

And now that we're all entirely uncomfortable talking about pooping, let's move on to the weigh-in. Last week, I lost 3.6 lbs! I was entirely shocked. I figured I would have been down 1lbs. This brings my total weight loss in 2 months to 22 lbs! I am very proud of myself... not to toot my own horn too much. :)

I am also FINALLY starting to notice some changes. Last night, I happened to stroll by my closet (which has full-length mirrored doors) after getting out of the shower, and was like, wow... my legs look like, well, legs. I have always always always had thick legs. No matter what I've done... I've had big thighs and calves. It's where I have always carried my weight (I've gotten more top-heavy as I've gotten older...). However, as I got fat, they were kind of blobby and gross looking. Now, while they sure aren't getting my in a Nair commercial anytime soon, they definitely look more defined and nicer. That's a good start!

Along w/ thinking that my legs are looking a bit better, I've also noticed that I have knees again! When I sit, I can actually see the shape and definition of a knee sticking out of my pants. Previously, they kind of looked like cankles. Like, there's thigh and calf and a blob in between. I know it sounds silly... my husband got a chuckle out of it when I showed off my knees... but little things make me happy. My jeans are starting to get too big, too. Like, to the point of rediculousness. Which is kind of nice, but I definitely prefer pants that fit... kind of sick of all my pants looking like MC Hammer pants.

Stop. Hammer Time.

1 comment:

  1. Shopping!! Ohhhhhh, I'm so proud of you! <3

    ReplyDelete