Welcome

Welcome to the exciting world of me trying to make a new start and become a better me!

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day 4 - Urges

Greetings Everyone!

I meant to write a post last night, but never got around to it. Still going strong, and am so grateful for the support of my family and friends on this endeavor. I've always said I've been blessed w/ the best friends and family in the world, and I truly mean it! :)

Anyways, on to the fun stuff...

Yesterday was mildly frustrating. I thought this would be easier. It was the last time I tried to lose weight. Or at least it felt that way. But as my hubby pointed out, it was 2005 when I tried to lose weight the last time. I was 23, working as a waitress and a part-time busser (I had great arm muscles after that summer!!). Now, I'm 6 years older w/ a desk job that keeps me fairly sedentary, except for a brief walk to get mail.

Yesterday's food adventures:

Breakfast - A New Zealander Smoothie, which consists of a kiwi, strawberries, 2 tbsp of fat free vanilla yogurt, a cup of milk, and some ice cubes. I found, however, that there's something about a blended-up kiwi that was making my lips burn. I don't know if it was the acid in the kiwi or what, but I don't know if I'll be eating a kiwi that way again... I also had a cup of tea, no sugar.

Midmorning snack - Almonds

Lunch - Lean Cuisine Beef tips w/ a burgandy wine sauce (which again was pretty tasty.... going 2 for 2 on the yummy Lean Cuisines... good start!) and brocolli, diet coke, grapes and a few sunflower seeds.

And then, the craving for chocolate set in... and yesterday was very difficult to walk by the candy jar and not snag a little piece of chocolate.

Mid-afternoon snack - One medium apple and a bottle of water

Dinner was really hard! We decided to go to Applebee's b/c we had some gift cards to burn. And every table around me was eating something terrible, and it took all my will power to not dive head first into someone else's plate of nachos. The skinny girls in the table next to us had several cocktails and ate onion rings, fries, and a hot fudge sundae... bitches! LOL

I, however, stayed strong. I ordered a steak and shrimp fajita (came with grilled peppers and onion, lettuce, pico de gallo, tortillas, and a little bit of cheese) with a side of rice, of which I only ate half. I brought the rest home for lunch today (which I am so psyched about!!!!), and I drank a diet coke and a glass of water. The fajita was delicious and spicy and definitely took care of my craving for Mexican type food.

Once I got home and let my food settle, I worked out again on the Your Shape program for the Kinect. I did some cardio-boxing, which I really enjoyed (even if Kurt was kind of laughing at my lack of fighting skills... so I don't know the difference between a hook and an upper-cut... I do now... so look out!), some zen yoga to cool down, and played some of the fitness games. They have a hula hoop game, which proved that I am still very poor at hula-ing. Couldn't do it as a kid, can't do it as an adult either. After working out, I finished up w/ an evening snack of a banana and another bottle of water.

I feel better about things today. I know the cravings and urges are going to go away. I know this is not going to be easy. But I'm committed and optimistic and excited about it... and I think the right mindset is half the battle.

1 comment:

  1. So, I read the name of your shake you had for breakfast and I immediately thought it said "Zoolander" and all I could imagine was him puckering up...and then with you saying the kiwi made your lips burn. Well, yeah. :)

    I'm so proud of you, Brittiani! You sound like you're doing a fantastic job. Way to fight through the chocolate urges. I still have little bit of MnM's left in my candy jar and I keep encouraging the students to take them! I can't wait to start zumba with you. We gonna be some sexy mamas come the end of this year!!!!

    ReplyDelete