This is my first attempt at blogging. Frankly, I've felt I have never had anything too exciting to talk about that others would feel compelled to read. I am, however, beginning the new year with a new attitude and a new outlook on life that I think having a blog will keep me on the right path.
I have decided that 2011 is the year that I am going to work on me and get myself in better shape. "In better shape" are the keywords there... I do not expect to end up with washboard abs, nor do I ever think I'm going to be a skinny girl. I would like to feel better about myself. To not be disappointed of the person I see in the mirror.
To begin, I want to put a few things out there, so that you can follow along with my progress:
- Who? This is my quest and my journey. I am married to my wonderful husband, Kurt, who is supportive of this endeavor, but will probably not be as committed as I am.
- What? I will be following the guidelines of the ABS Diet which I have used before with decent results. This time, it's not just a diet. I'm committing to a lifestyle change. I am also utilizing different exercise methods, including Zumba, our Kinect for X-Box and the Your Shape: Fitness Evolved program, and Dance Central for Kinect (which I still need to purchase...).
- Why? This is probably the most important question... I am doing this for numerous reasons
1. At some point in the future, I would like to have a baby. And I would like to have a healthy, enjoyable pregnancy.
2. I am fed up with myself. I hate that I have no energy, that I have let myself get as heavy as I have. I want to be healthy.
3. I think blogging will help keep me motivated. Even if no one ever reads my posts, I will still feel like there are people interested in what I am trying to do, and will keep going when it gets difficult.
I was nervous at first to put myself out like this. My weight has always been an extremely touchy subject, but I think this will be cathartic. My plan is to post at least once a week with updates, news, what I've been eating, doing, etc.
The end goal is that in a year, I will have lost 50 pounds. That's 1 pound a week, 4 pounds a month, which I do not think is too ambitious and fairly reach-able.
With all of this in mind, welcome to my adventure (and mis-adventures, I'm sure!) in losing weight and becoming a better, healthier me.